Salary & Benefits
£9.24 per hour
Blandford Grange, Blandford Forum
18 hours per week (includes alternate weekends)
Blandford Grange is a modern, purpose built care home, tastefully decorated, providing a warm, friendly and welcoming environment.
People living at Blandford Grange can receive residential care and support with or without nursing depending on their individually assessed needs and to promote and encourage independence.
We are recruiting for an Activities Assistant to join our team. This is 18 hours per week -working 3 days during the week 10-4.30pm one week and then the other week one day during the week and Saturdays and Sundays 10-4.30pm.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialisation, relaxation, and recreation.
- Plan, organise and run a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Establish links with, and encourage involvement of the local community in the home, e.g. schools, colleges, religious and voluntary groups and museums.
- Involve relatives in the activity programme and attend relatives’ meetings as appropriate.
- Monitor the effects of the activities programme and write notes on each individual/group activity session undertaken on the activities record sheets.
- Control and maintain stock of materials and resources to facilitate the activities programme.
- Participate in the mandatory training programme required of the home.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.