Senior Care Assistant
Salary & Benefits
£10.24 per hour
Senior Care assistant
Full & Part time
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Recognise and facilitate the daily needs of residents.
- Conduct formal supervisions and appraisals.
- Contributing to care planning and coaching care assistants.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Be responsible for making and reporting realistic assessments of each resident to ensure continuity of care.
- Be responsible for administrating medication to the residents in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Ensure the dignity and respect of every resident is maintained at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.