Salary & Benefits
£8.96 per hour
Hillcroft House, Stowmarket
30 hours per week
Hillcroft House, a residential home in Stowmarket that accommodates residents with dementia, is a Grade 2 listed building that dates back over 200 years. It has been tastefully extended but retains the link with the original house to provide facilities very much in keeping with the 21st century.
We are recruiting for a Domestic Assistant to join the team. This is for 30 hour per week.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To support the delivery of care by ensuring that the daily cleaning duties are carried out in a sensitive way in the resident’s rooms and to a high standard.
- To assist as required with other general cleaning duties in the home.
- Carrying out all cleaning duties to a high standard that meets the expectations of the residents and management.
- Respecting at all times the privacy of residents in their rooms and their property.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Develop good relationships with residents, relatives and visitors to the home.
- Bed making, ensuring vacant rooms are prepared for viewing and admissions, laying and clearing of tables for meals services, caring for plants and flowers around the home, ensuring the home looks presentable at all times for visitors/inspectors.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.