Salary & Benefits
£9.29 per hour
Claremont Lodge, Caister-on-Sea
This purpose built, single storey Home opened in 1996. It offers specialised nursing care for the elderly and has an enviable reputation in the local community for its high quality care. In 2009, a 24 bed specialist dementia unit opened in the grounds. The two units, the nursing home and specialist dementia unit, have a highly-regarded reputation in the local area.
We are recruiting for a Chef to join the team on a bank contract.
Skills and experience for the Chef opportunity;
- Previous experience working as a professional Chef/Cook within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- Experience of cooking nutritionally balanced meals incorporating any specific dietary requirements.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- Being able to work flexible hours across all shifts.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the delivery of meals meets the residents individual plan of care in order that any special dietary or meal presentation wishes are accommodated.
- To ensure that effective procedures are followed by all kitchen staff.
- To ensure the strict adherence to the health and safety within the kitchen areas.
- To ensure that the appropriate temperature checks are adhered to.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.