Coordinator / On Call - Thurrock
Salary & Benefits
Competitive rates of pay
Coordinator / On Call - Thurrock
The position of the On Call Coordinator is to provide suitable Out of Hours Emergency staff for Manorcourt Homecare in Thurrock, working as part of a team, providing the highest level of care, actively engaged in all Out of Hours duties.
You will need to be available to deal with all Out of Hours emergency issues, this requires holding on-call phone for 2 evenings per week (weekdays) and every other Saturday and Sunday.
This position will be based in your own home and there may be occasions when you may have to attend Service Users at short notice and, therefore, must ensure that you are in a position to do so.
In the event of a system failure or the equipment you are using to perform your duties fails you must in the first instance report this to the Registered Manager or Regional Manager and you will be required to follow the Business Contingency Plan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep the On Call Emergency Team Leader informed of any updates or general information.
- Ensure service users receive their arranged visits at a time that is appropriate to the
- Individual wherever practical.
- Ensure that visits are allocated appropriately to care workers in keeping with their training and experience.
- Ensure that care workers are provided with all relevant information, enabling them to support the individual service user appropriately.
- Support care workers, service users and their families as and when required.
- Undertake any care calls as and when required.
- Ensure all information is entered into the computer system for both the service users and care workers and kept up to date at all times.
- Work closely with both internal and external staff, promoting professionalism at all times.
- Should a carer cancel their scheduled work for whatever reason, it is the responsibility of the Co-ordinator to reallocate the uncovered visits in a timely manner, ensuring all service users receive their visit.
- Liaise with service users and/or families, Social Services and other professionals to ensure the appropriate service and legal requirements are met at all times.
- To ensure that any changes of times or care workers are phoned over to the service user. And ensure these calls are logged on to the database accordingly.
- Every other weekend, the role is office based (between the hours of 8am and 1.30pm)
Skills and Experience for a Care Coordinator:
- Previous experience working within the homecare industry is desirable.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Flexible approach to work and manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team and ability to problem solve
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Access to your own car and a full driving licence is essential
- Live in the Thurrock area
- Full training is provided
- The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check
For further information or if you would like to apply, please contact Karen Exley (Branch Manager) on 01375 485440 or email providing your full current CV and contact number to: email@example.com
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.