Bank Assistant Chef
Salary & Benefits
£8.96 per hour
Assistant Chef- Bank
St Leonards, Mundford
St Leonards Court are committed to providing the highest quality care possible, they take great pride in providing tailored care and support to meet the individual needs of each resident, in a friendly, warm, welcoming and supportive atmosphere.
We are recruiting for an Assistant Chef to join our team on a bank hours contract. As an Assistant Chef you will be required to cook in the kitchen on the days covering our two chefs.
Skills and experience for the Assistant Chef opportunity;
- Previous experience working as a professional Chef/Cook within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- Experience of cooking nutritionally balanced meals incorporating any specific dietary requirements.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the delivery of meals meets the residents individual plan of care in order that any special dietary or meal presentation wishes are accommodated.
- To ensure that effective procedures are in place and followed.
- To ensure the strict adherence to the health and safety within the kitchen areas.
- To ensure that the appropriate temperature checks are adhered to.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.