Team Leader - Clacton and surrounding areas (part-time)
Salary & Benefits
Competitive rates of pay
Team Leader - Clacton-on-Sea branch (Part-time)
Our Clacton-on-Sea Branch are currently recruiting for a Team Leader on a part-time basis of 21 hours per week initially. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing care workers in their daily activities to ensure a consistent quality of service is provided. In addition, the candidate will be required to visit new customers prior to the provision of a homecare package to introduce the company, carry out initial risk assessments and ensure all records and files are in place. The role will be flexible in line with the needs of the business.
Reporting directly to the Manager, the Team leader is responsible for managing the Quality and compliance of service users and care workers in an allocated area. Manage an allocated case load of service users and care staff to ensure all regulatory requirements are met and are in line with the 5 KLOE’s as set you by CQC and MCC.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To visit new service users prior to the provision of a home care package, to introduce the company to the service user, carry out initial risk assessment and health and safety check, ensure service user’s medication administration record (MAR), care plan and service user home notes file are in place.
- To undertake a maximum of 3 assessments/ reassessment per day ensuring full compliance.
- Carry out reviews as set out in the care/support plan for the individual and ensure all documentation is printed, filed and ready for auditing purposes
- Update the internal scheduling system to reflect the correct compliance frequencies.
- To ensure that the metal capacity of all service is assessed and recorded in line with the MCA act.
- To undertake recorded supervision of staff including spot checks.
- Attend training courses, as necessary.
- To support and mentor for all new care staff allocated to your area.
- To assist and provide additional support to the local office as and when required including covering calls in emergencies.
- To take part in daily briefing sessions and team meetings.
To be an integral part of the on-call rota 1 week per month.
- Provide care in the community every other weekend.
- Always respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- To manage your time effectively to ensure all service users files are compliant and ready for auditing purposes.
- Update the internal computer systems to reflect any changes and to ensure all review frequencies are correct and are in line with both CQC compliance
- Ensure changing needs are recorded documented and filed.
- Attend scheduled meeting with outside agencies.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- Conduct on site spot checks, document, file, update internal computer system.
- To support care staff to ensure best practice is being adhered to daily.
- To ensure all service users achieves their desired outcome.
- Report and help investigate any identifies shortfalls in care.
- This list is not exhaustive, and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
Health and Safety:
Co-operate with the employer to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and the health and safety policies and procedures, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety, or welfare, in pursuance of the relevant statutory provisions.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment.
- Working knowledge of regulatory frameworks.
- Develop good and effective relationships within all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Managing time effectively.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good administration skills and be computer literate.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills, pay attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and have the ability to take a pro-active approach
- Strong team player with a flexible approach to work.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential
Education and Qualification:
- General educational qualifications
- Level 2 CQS certificate in social care Mandatory
- Level 3 CQS – certificate in social desirable
The successful candidate will be required to complete enhanced DBS.
For further information and to apply, please contact Kathy Taylor (Branch Manager) on 01255 440744 or email providing your full current CV and contact number to: email@example.com