Salary & Benefits
£9.74- £10.74 per hour
The Old Vicarage
Main function: Supervise, delegate and assist care assistants in providing personal care to the residents and attend the daily needs both physical and mental.
Set in secluded, beautifully landscaped gardens, woodland and meadow, and with stunning views overlooking the Dorset countryside, it’s hard to resist the charms of the Old Vicarage. As soon as you step through the front door of this charming country house, you’ll discover an oasis of comfort, warmth, calm and relaxation.
£9.74 mon to fri, £10.74 weekends
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work alongside the Registered Manager to ensure that a high standard of care is delivered to residents.
- Recognise and facilitate the daily needs of residents.
- Administer, order, store and distribute medicines to residents as prescribed by health professionals, liaising with the pharmacist and GP regularly.
- Complete audits for the Registered Manager
- Act as mentor for new employees and supervise throughout the induction.
- Conduct formal supervisions and appraisals with identified care assistants
- Assist in interviewing potential new care assistants.
- Organise the care assistant rota.
- Contributing to mentoring and coaching care assistants.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
- Promote and encourage all staff to provide residents with privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all records and documents are updated in accordance with company policy.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Assist with the organisation and facilitation of induction and refresher training.
- Be responsible for making and reporting realistic assessments of each resident to ensure continuity of care.
- Assist in building relationships between employees and residents.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as organised by the Manger.
- Ensure the dignity and respect of every resident is maintained at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
We offer an unlimited refer a friend scheme which pays up to £500 per hire (£1000 for nurses), 28 days paid annual leave per year and a service recognition scheme rewarding commitment and loyalty.
Health and safety
Co-operate with the employer to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and the health and safety policies and procedures of the home, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare, in pursuance of the relevant statutory provisions.