Branch Administrator - Brooke branch
Brooke and surrounding areas
Salary & Benefits
Pay rate £10.35 per hour
Branch Adminstrator / Payroll - Brooke branch (Part-time basis)
Required 16 hours per week (2-3 days weekdays only)
The Administrator is required to ensure that all administrative procedures are carried out in accordance with the established procedures and to maintain the daily administrative duties of the branch. You will be reporting directly to and working closely with the Branch Manager.
- Administer the branch recruitment process including organising recruitment advertising and arranging interviews.
- Ensure the correct documentation is obtained from candidates in accordance with company policy and legislation.
- To request a DBS check, medical information and references for each new applicant.
- To ensure the application verification and all documents are complete in line with legal requirements and company policy.
- Ensure that the correct letters and documents are issued to candidates with regards to not shortlisted for interview, invite to interview, not successful at interview, offer letters and contracts of employment.
- To maintain and keep up to date employee personnel files.
- Ensure new starter forms are completed and sent to the relevant department.
- All new starters are input onto the database.
- Co-ordinate new employee induction training.
- Co-ordinate current employees update training.
- Ensure recruitment plans are completed and updated.
- Ensure recruitment reports are completed as required.
- Regularly update MNDS system
- To update DBS for current care workers in line with company policy.
- To be responsible for the correct calculation for payroll and invoicing.
- Coordinate the collection of timesheets for the branch.
- Ensure all time sheets are checked against the rostered visits and any relevant changes are recorded.
- Ensure that all visits and mileage payable are evidenced to timesheets, checked off the system and collated onto a spreadsheet for payroll.
- All time sheets are filed each week after verification.
- Enter administration hours on relevant spread sheet.
- Ensure any administrative wages are correctly calculated and paid.
- Ensure hours payable are correctly reflected on the wages spreadsheets.
- Ensure mileage is paid in line with company policy and from the System.
- Ensure that the spreadsheets are delivered each week period in line with the Head office deadlines.
- Ensure that any training monies are calculated correctly.
- Any shortfalls or increases in care packages are reflected and any variations are verified.
- To ensure that all visits invoiced each month are correctly evidenced and charged to the correct contracting customer.
- Ensure all visits released for invoicing have been evidenced and any variations are correctly dealt with.
- Deal with any invoice queries.
General Administrative Duties:
- Telephone calls must be answered and dealt with promptly, politely and courteously (ideally within 2 ring cycles).
- Telephone calls are to be directed to the appropriate person/department messages taken and passed on in a timely manner.
- Record all complaints at all levels, without bias, professionally and fairly.
- Support other departments as and when required. It is vital that you work as part of a team.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- Adhered to company’s policies and procedures at all times.
This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
Health and safety:
Co-operate with the employer to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and the health and safety policies and procedures, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare, in pursuance of the relevant statutory provisions.
Person Specification, Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous administrative experience is essential.
- Previous experience working within the homecare industry is desirable.
- Excellent working knowledge of IT systems.
- Working knowledge of staffplan roster an advantage.
- Understanding of payroll and invoice processing.
- Payroll and invoice query resolution.
- Report preparation.
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, pay attention to detail.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to achieve results.
- Ability to take a pro-active approach and have the ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Flexible approach to work and manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
Education and Qualification:
- General secondary education qualifications.
- Level 2 or 3 business and administration or equivalent is desirable
- Though we do require the successful candidate to have a strong administration background, training in some aspects of the role will be provided.
For further details, please feel free to contact Veronica Seaman (Branch Manager) on 01508 558218 or email email@example.com