Care Coordinator - Swaffham and Downham Market areas
Swaffham, Downham Market and surrounding areas
Salary & Benefits
Competitive annual salary
Care Co-ordinator - full time (Swaffham, Downham Market and surrounding areas)
The Care Co-ordinator will ensure that service users receive their arranged visits at a time that is appropriate to the individual wherever practical. To manage care/support workers in their daily activities to ensure a consistent quality of service. To manage customer compliance to ensure a safe and up to date practice. To represent and promote the company’s private client services.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that visits are allocated appropriately to care workers in keeping with their training and experience, ensure cancelled visits are re-scheduled.
- Provide regular reports to Branch Manager on daily activities.
- Take part in daily briefing sessions and team meetings.
- Actively encourage, promote and monitor Manorcourt Homecare’s CQC and the local authorities good practice at all times.
- Ensure that care workers are provided with all relevant information, enabling them to support the service user appropriately.
- Liaise with service users and/or their families, social services and other professionals to ensure the appropriate service and legal requirements are met at all times.
- Ensure the diary service logs all conversations and/or relevant information regarding the service user or care worker.
- Advise service users of any alterations to their visits.
- Ensure rotas are shared between all members of the team.
- Throughout all coordinating processes, continuity, timely visits and informing the service users of any changing situation must be a priority.
- Ensure all incidents/accidents are documented including any necessary action. It is the responsibility of all staff to ensure incident/accident forms are recorded appropriately.
- Re-organise and re-assign care workers rotas following sickness notification.
- Any shortfalls or increases in care packages are reflected and any variations are verified.
- To be an integral part of the on-call rota.
- To assist and provide additional support to the local office as and when required including covering calls in emergencies.
- To assist with care calls during and outside of office hours when required.
- Telephone calls must be answered and dealt with promptly, politely and courteously (ideally within 2 ring cycles).
- Telephone calls are to be directed to the appropriate person/department, messages taken and passed on in a timely manner.
- Treat all members of staff and service users equally and respectfully, in line with equal opportunities.
- Record all complaints at all levels, without bias, professionally and fairly.
- Support other departments as and when required.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Ensure the dignity and respect of every service user is maintained at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- Adhere to the Company’s policies and procedures at all times.
This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
Health and Safety:
Co-operate with the employer to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and the health and safety policies and procedures, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare, in pursuance of the relevant statutory provisions.
It is desirable, but not essential as full training and support can be given that successful candidates will have previous experience working within a similar role with excellent planning and organisational skills.
It is essential that the successful candidate has knowledge of the health care sector and is are able to work as part of a team and to work on own initiative, be enthusiastic and have a hunger to learn and a drive to succeed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business, internally and externally.
- Business orientated, possess the ability to achieve results.
- Previous administrative experience is essential.
- Excellent working knowledge of IT systems.
- Report preparation.
- Understanding of private funding and package set up outside of local authority commissioning.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, pay attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and have the ability to problem solve
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- General educational qualifications and minimum of GCSE passes
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential
Should you wish to apply, please ensure you submit your full, current CV with your application.
For more details, please contact the branch manager Jeni Cawkill directly on 01760 726390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org