Care assistant- Maternity Leave
Salary & Benefits
£9.09 £9.25 per hour
Avon Lodge, Kingswood
Maternity Leave Cover
Avon Lodge are committed to providing the highest quality care possible, they take great pride in providing tailored care and support to meet the individual needs of each resident, in a friendly, warm, welcoming and supportive atmosphere.or bank holidays and potential to increase pay with qualifications and career progression.
8am to 8pm
8am to 2pm
2pm to 8pm
8pm to 8am
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents in bathing, dressing and general mobility in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Retrieving from and delivering personal laundry to residents’ rooms.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Ensure all records and documents are updated in accordance with company policy.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Assist with general cleaning, tidying and kitchen duties.
Specific Day Duties:
- Assisting in the provision of meals as appropriate.
- Participate in the planning and organisation of social activities within the daily routine.
- Develop good relations with all relatives and visitors.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment desirable but not always necessary.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Skills and Qualifications-
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Self motivated
We will support with your career aspirations through a fully funded induction programme and opportunities to further your career with comprehensive learning and development.
We offer an unlimited refer a friend scheme which pays up to £1000 per hire, 28 days paid annual leave per year and a service recognition scheme rewarding commitment and loyalty.
We are looking for experienced carers and/or applicants with the right attitude and commitment to work alongside our very dedicated team, and make a real, positive difference to our resident’s lives.
At Avon Lodge we provide residential care for elderly frail and residents who are living with a dementia. Despite the complex needs of our residents we aim to maintain and improve our residents’ abilities so they continue to live their life in a meaningful and fulfilling way.
Ultimately, Healthcare Homes strive to provide excellent quality of care; together we respect with compassion we care and through commitment we achieve.
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? Then apply today online or call our dedicated recruitment team on 01206 987499 for more information.
For more information about joining Healthcare Homes watch our recruitment video today!