Blandford Forum, Dorset
Salary & Benefits
£10.64 per hour
Blandford Grange, Blandford Forum
£10.64 per hour
Full or part time hours available
Located in Blandford Forum, Blandford Grange offers residential and nursing care for up to 63 residents. We are recruiting for an Activities Coordinator to join our team. We can offer full or part time hours, this will include alternate weekends.
Our dedicated activities team organises varied activities plans in order to keep residents stimulated and engaged. We are committed to promoting the physical and psychological well-being of our residents, with regular group and one-to-one activities. Regular activities include chair yoga, games, singing and having regular entertainers visit.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The role of activity co-ordinator is fundamental to the residents’ sense of well-being and social enhancement.
- To ensure the routines and daily activities made available are flexible and varied to suit individual resident’s expectations, preferences and capabilities.
- Identify the needs of all residents.
- Plan, organise and run a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Ensure that a weekly and monthly schedule of activities is available for residents, the care team, registered Home Manager and prospective residents to view.
- Help provide the opportunity for physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and social interaction and enjoyment.
- Arrange social and spiritual activities and outings, as well as in-house entertainment with entertainers, (music/dance/song).
- Establish links with, and encourage involvement of the local community in the home, e.g. schools, colleges, religious and voluntary groups and museums.
- Involve relatives in the activity programme and attend relatives’ meetings as appropriate.
- Monitor the effects of the activities programme and write brief notes on each individual/group activity session undertaken on the activities record sheets for inclusion in either the residents’ care plan or an activities folder for residents.
We offer an unlimited refer a friend scheme which pays £500 per hire (£1000 for nurses), 28 days paid annual leave per year and a service recognition scheme rewarding commitment and loyalty.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.