Salary & Benefits
£10.24 per hour
30 hours per week (including alternate weekends)
Albany care home provides residential and nursing care to up to 38 residents, and is located just East of the historic city of Oxford in Headington. We are surrounded by parks and local shops, and are easily accessible to those wishing to visit family members at the home.
We are recruiting for an Activities Assistant to join our team. This is for 30 hours per week and will include alternate weekends.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialisation, relaxation, and recreation.
- Plan, organise and run a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Establish links with, and encourage involvement of the local community in the home, e.g. schools, colleges, religious and voluntary groups and museums.
- Involve relatives in the activity programme and attend relatives’ meetings as appropriate.
- Monitor the effects of the activities programme and write notes on each individual/group activity session undertaken on the activities record sheets.
- Control and maintain stock of materials and resources to facilitate the activities programme.
- Participate in the mandatory training programme required of the home.
We offer an unlimited refer a friend scheme which pays £500 per hire (£1000 for nurses), 28 days paid annual leave per year and a service recognition scheme rewarding commitment and loyalty.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.