Salary & Benefits
£8.96 per hour (£9.24 per hour on weekends)
Ashley Court, Poole
40 hours per week
Located in Poole, Ashley Court provides residential and nursing care for up to 60 residents. We are recruiting for a Laundry Assistant to join our team. This will be for 40 hours per week and include alternate weekends.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To attend to the washing, drying, mending and ironing of all personal laundry.
- To sort and distinguish individual residents clothing, returning all aired clothes to the appropriate resident and ensuring that personal items are put away in the appropriate place.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total laundry area and to include all the equipment within that area.
- To ensure that all records are maintained to the standards required by Healthcare Homes as well as outside monitoring agencies such as Environmental Health.
- To ensure the strict adherence to the safety and security of the laundry and laundering practices, including the safe storage and usage of all cleaning products as per COSHH regulations.
- To notify the housekeeper or Manager of any faulty or damaged equipment used by the laundry staff.
We offer an unlimited refer a friend scheme which pays £500 per hire (£1000 for nurses), 28 days paid annual leave per year and a service recognition scheme rewarding commitment and loyalty.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.