Weekend Laundry Assistant
bury st Edmunds
Salary & Benefits
Weekend Laundry Assistant - Fornham House
12 hours per week
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To attend to the washing, drying, mending and ironing of all personal laundry.
- To sort and distinguish individual residents clothing, returning all aired clothes to the appropriate resident and ensuring that personal items are put away in the appropriate place.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total laundry area and to include all the equipment within that area.
- To ensure that all records are maintained to the standards required by Healthcare Homes as well as outside monitoring agencies such as Environmental Health.
- To ensure the strict adherence to the safety and security of the laundry and laundering practices, including the safe storage and usage of all cleaning products as per COSHH regulations.
- To notify the housekeeper or Manager of any faulty or damaged equipment used by the laundry staff.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Ensure the dignity and respect of every resident is maintained at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.