Old Town, Swindon
Salary & Benefits
£10.14 per hour
Up to 45 hours per week (includes alternate weekends)
In our 37-bedded home, we offer residential care for those who need assistance with daily tasks and nursing care for those who may have more complex medical needs. We also offer care to those living with dementia. We are recruiting for a Chef to join the team at Kingsmead.
Skills and experience for the Chef opportunity;
- Previous experience working as a professional Chef/Cook within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- Excellent planning, organisational and presentation skills.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- Being able to work flexible hours across all shifts.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the delivery of meals meets the residents individual plan of care in order that any special dietary or meal presentation wishes are accommodated.
- To ensure that effective procedures are in place and followed by all kitchen staff.
- To ensure the strict adherence to the health and safety within the kitchen areas.
- To ensure that the appropriate temperature checks are adhered to.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.