Blandford Forum, Dorset
Salary & Benefits
£9.24 per hour
Blandford Grange, Blandford Forum
20 - 25 hour per week (includes alternate weekends)
Located in Blandford Forum, Blandford Grange offers residential and nursing care for up to 63 residents. We are recruiting for an Activities Assistant to join our team.
Our dedicated activities team organises varied activities plans in order to keep residents stimulated and engaged. We are committed to promoting the physical and psychological well-being of our residents, with regular group and one-to-one activities. Regular activities include chair yoga, games, singing and having regular entertainers visit.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialisation, relaxation, and recreation.
- Plan, organise and run a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Establish links with, and encourage involvement of the local community in the home, e.g. schools, colleges, religious and voluntary groups and museums.
- Involve relatives in the activity programme and attend relatives’ meetings as appropriate.
- Monitor the effects of the activities programme and write notes on each individual/group activity session undertaken on the activities record sheets.
- Control and maintain stock of materials and resources to facilitate the activities programme.
- Participate in the mandatory training programme required of the home.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.