Brisham Park, Yate
Salary & Benefits
£9.00 per hour
25 hours per week
£9 per hour
Oaktree care home
To support the Care Home Manager and Administrator. Responsible for meeting and greeting visitors, answering telephone calls, assisting with recruitment, arranging interviews and basic administration.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- To be accountable for the basic administrative procedures and to ensure all administrative duties are carried out in accordance with the established procedures.
- Promptly answering the telephone, direct or screen calls, take and relay messages.
- Provide information to visitors, greeting them entering the home and directing them to the correct destination.
- Have knowledge of personnel whereabouts and maintain exact and complete sign-in/sign-out procedures for visitors and on-site staff.
- Deal with queries or requests from both internal and external customers.
- Provide general clerical and administrative support as requested.
- Scheduling and maintaining appointments and meetings either electronically or manually.
- Receiving and sorting mail and deliveries.
- Ensuring that common areas in office premises are equipped with required office supplies as appropriate.
- Develop good relationships with residents, staff, relatives and visitors.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
Health and safety
Co-operate with the employer to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and the health and safety policies and procedures of the home, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare, in pursuance of the relevant statutory provisions.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous administrative experience is desirable
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment desirable.
- Excellent working knowledge of IT systems including word and excel.
Skills and Abilities
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Organised with the ability to manage and co-ordinate multiple projects within a busy and demanding environment.
- Excellent IT and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Ability to achieve results
- Friendly telephone manner
Education and Qualification
Good general secondary education