Blandford Forum, Dorset
Salary & Benefits
£9.09 per hour
Blandford Grange, Blandford Forum
28 hours per week
Blandford Grange is a modern, purpose built care home, tastefully decorated, providing a warm, friendly and welcoming environment. People living at Blandford Grange can receive residential care and support with or without nursing depending on their individually assessed needs and to promote and encourage independence.
We are recruiting for a Receptionist to join the team at Blandford Grange. You will be supporting the Home Manager and Administrator and will be responsible for meeting and greeting visitors, answering telephone calls, assisting with recruitment, arranging interviews and basic administration.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- To be accountable for the basic administrative procedures and to ensure all administrative duties are carried out in accordance with the established procedures.
- Promptly answering the telephone, direct or screen calls, take and relay messages.
- Provide information to visitors, greeting them entering the home and directing them to the correct destination.
- Deal with queries or requests from both internal and external customers.
- Provide general clerical and administrative support as requested.
- Scheduling and maintaining appointments and meetings either electronically or manually.
- Receiving and sorting mail and deliveries.
- Develop good relationships with residents, staff, relatives and visitors.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous administrative experience is desirable
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment desirable.
- Excellent working knowledge of IT systems including word and excel.
Skills and Abilities
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Organised with the ability to manage and co-ordinate multiple projects within a busy and demanding environment.
- Excellent IT and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.