Saxlingham Nethergate, Norwich
Salary & Benefits
£10.64 per hour
Saxlingham Hall, Saxlingham Nethergate
42 hours per week
The quality and appearance of our care homes create the first impression for visitors and are a source of enjoyment and great pleasure for our residents and their families. Our Maintenance Teams take huge pride in maintaining our buildings to the highest possible standards.
Saxlingham Hall Nursing Home is a magnificent former manor house set in over four acres of much tended lawns and gardens. We provide nursing, residential and palliative care for up to 34 residents. We are recruiting for a Maintenance Operative to join our team.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the home is kept visually in good order.
- Ensure all maintenance checks are carried out in accordance with established procedures.
- Report any maintenance issues to the Home Manager.
- Painting and redecoration of all areas within the home as requested by the Home Manager and per the maintenance schedules.
- Plumbing as required including sinks, toilets, drains, washing machines.
- Ensure that basic electrical maintenance is carried out safely, eg changing of light bulbs, replacing correct amperage plug fuses etc.
- Check all electrical items meet PAT testing requirements or supervise external professional.
- Ensure all maintenance, decorating, cleaning products, gardening tools and any other equipment is stored safely..
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.