Salary & Benefits
£8.96 per hour
Oaklands House, Reydon
Covering Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday
4.30pm - 7.30pm
Oaklands House is a 29 bedded residential home in Reydon, situated near to the centre of Southwold. We are recruiting for a Supprt Cook to join the team.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To support the head chef/cook in the effective operation of the kitchen.
- To prepare and cook menu meals to a high standard with regard to the economic use of ingredients.
- To ensure that the presentation of all meals served meets or exceeds residents expectation.
- To ensure that the delivery and preparation of meals meets the residents individual plan of care in order that any special dietary or meal presentation wishes are accommodated.
- To ensure the strict adherence to the safety and security of the kitchen and kitchen practices.
- To ensure that the appropriate temperature checks are strictly adhered to.
- To notify the head chef/cook or manager of any faulty or damaged equipment used by the kitchen staff.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.