Salary & Benefits
£9.44 per hour
Handford House, Ipswich
42 hours per week
£9.44 per hour
Golden Handshake of £600 when joining*
Handford House is a home designed to provide comfortable, safe and accessible accommodation. The home provides nursing care and dementia nursing care for up to 52 residents.
We are recruiting for a Head Housekeeper to join the team at Handford House.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To assist and oversee the delivery of a high standard of cleanliness to the home and ensure this is carried out in a sensitive style taking into account resident’s personal considerations via supervision of the domestic team.
- To supervise the domestic team and ensure they are working within the regulatory standards.
- To undertake stock audits.
- To assist with rota, annual leave, absence of domestic staff.
- To assist and supervise the domestic staff in designated areas of work and in resident’s rooms to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- To include vacuuming, sweeping, shampooing and washing of floors surfaces. Dusting, polishing and cleaning of all surfaces, skirting and window ledges.Spring cleans of all rooms with careful attention to residents rooms with sensitivity to their personal property.Maintaining cleaning schedules.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents, visitors and staff working in the home.
- Develop good relations with all relatives and visitors.
This role will require the postholder to enter a registered care home. It is therefore a legal requirement for the postholder to prove their COVID-19 vaccination status by providing their COVID Pass or evidence of medical exemption.
*Terms and conditions apply
Together we respect, with compassion we care, through commitment we achieve