Search and apply for our current vacancies across the South and East of England.
Salary & Benefits
£9.55 per hour
Saxlingham Hall, Nethergate
30 hours per week
£9.55 per hour
An exciting opportunity has come up at one of our homes Saxlingham Hall. We are looking for a general assistant to join our fantastic team.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist with clearing away crockery and utensils that are finished with from residents’ rooms and communal areas.
- Ensure the crockery and utensils are returned to wash up area for cleaning
- Provide clean glasses and jugs of drinking water to refresh residents and visitors.
- To provide a hot drinks service to residents’ rooms and communal areas.
- Liaise with the Home Manager, residents and visitors regarding refreshments they would like and serve them.
- Prepare the dining room for meal times, ensuring matching tableware, cutlery and condiments at each setting.
- Work with the kitchen staff and chef/cook to assist in the service of meals.
- Support and assist residents if required in choosing meals from the menu available.
- Prepare hot trolley for lunch delivery to resident’s rooms as required.
- Deliver pre-ordered meals to residents in their rooms using the hot trolley, ensuring a high standard of hygiene and presentation to include tray cloth matching cutlery and condiments.
- Clear and clean the dining room after the meal is finished ensuring all surfaces and the floor is cleaned and sanitised.
- Reset tables ready for the next meal service, ensuring it is aesthetically welcoming.
- Report to the person in charge any changes noticed in resident’s condition while serving beverages and meals.